Add a touch of shine to your shower with this Chanel inspired foil-pressed invitation. Parfumerie is hand-pressed with gold and silver foil, all designs are printed on luxe paper. Day of accessories include custom stamps, stickers, favor tags and thank you cards. Available exclusively at Minted.com
This Valentine's Day cocktail is perfect for adults or kids. For the adults, you can simply serve Champagne to pour over the Cotton Candy. For kids, you can serve it with Sprite.
Head on over to Mirabelle Creations for full recipe.
Have you ever wondered how to get professional looking photos without the professional price tag? I'm going to share what I've learned in 4 easy steps. And it costs under $25!
Living in a 600 square foot guest house, I use my kitchen table as a desk and needed something portable. A soft box seems to be the best solution for my space. What's a soft box? It's basically a nylon cube (or "tent" as some call it) that helps to diffuse the light. When not in use, it collapses into a small bag (kind of like those auto window shades). This is perfect for me because I can store everything under my bed, or in a closet.
1. Purchase a soft box. I pull my desk next to a window with direct sunlight, place the soft box on my desk, insert foam core on bottom and start placing product. Neewer 24x24 Diffusion Soft Box $23.99 on Amazon.
2. Purchase foam core. This can usually be found at any art store. I get mine at Michaels. Elmer's 16x20 Foam Board.
3. Start placing your product on the foam core and you're ready to shoot! (Personal note: I've never had any professional photography classes but thought my design background would help with layout and placement). After struggling for years with settings on my Canon Rebel, and buying expensive lenses, I decided to gift myself the iPhone X this past Christmas and haven't used my DSLR since. In the camera phone settings, I'm using "Portrait" mode with "studio lighting." I have a set of desktop lights that I also use with the soft box, but for this particular setup, I used only the light coming in from the window.
4. Using the photo editing app Snapseed (there are many others out there, but this is my favorite), I will play with the lighting and temperature of the image. If I have retouching to do, I will bring the photo into Photoshop on my desktop, make any necessary adjustments and then adjust the lighting in Lightroom. Here are the iPhone X "portrait" images before Snapseed and after.
Need a last minute stocking stuffer?! Well, I've got you covered with these super easy doodle notebooks.
1. 3-pack of Moleskine notebooks (available at Target, Barnes & Noble or most stationery stores)
2. A black ink pen (I used a Faber-Casetell PITT Artist Pen in Medium purchased at Michaels).
Using a black ink pen (or calligraphy pen for varying thickness) doodle away on your notebook using illustrations, graphic lines or anything that strikes your fancy. I made all three of these in under an hour, so they aren't just easy, but quick too!
Merry Christmas from Smudge Design Co.
Add some sparkle this holiday season with my 2017 holiday design Shimmer Joy.
Available exclusively at Minted, choose from gold, silver, rose gold, glittery gold, and glittery silver foil. Don't have enough room on the front? Add a custom backer or interior to share photos or a more detailed message.
Working together in pursuit of beautiful design.
I couldn't be more honored to officially be a part of the Wax Seals Creative Community. Inspired by my love for floral illustrations, I created this exclusive seal design.
This design comes in your choice of a 1″ solid brass wax seal stamp, or a pack of 35 self adhesive wax seals in your choice of color!
A Colorful Charleston Wedding
Introducing the Smudge Design Tropical Hibiscus Invitation Suite.
This hand painted watercolor collection is available in three colors including La Mer, Sunset (shown), and Palm.
Now available at Minted.com
DIY Glitter Easter Eggs (no dye required)!
Grab yourself some eggs (real or artificial and dab away). I used real white and brown (hard boiled) eggs.
Instructions: Place some white glue (or Mod Podge) into a small bowl. If you want to create dots, dab the tip of your finger (or the eraser on the end of a pencil) into the glue, dot onto the egg, and cover with glitter, shaking off the excess. For gold and white, dip half of the egg into the glue mixture and blot excess drips. Sprinkle with glitter. And voila…you have beautiful and fun Easter eggs in less than an hour.
Gingerbread Mug Hugger Roundup
I was completely floored when I recently spotted these gingerbread house mug huggers and decided I had to do some research on the subject to find out more. After combing the web for the best possible options, I’ve come up with 3 results for creating these adorable mini treats.
1. Make Your Own
Summer at She Leaves A Little Sparkle has an exceptional how-to, including her very own gingerbread recipe and free paper cut outs that can be downloaded for the house template.
Juliette Laura shares her recipe (also with a free template) along with some GORGEOUS photography on how to make her toppers.
2. Semi Home Made
Purchase Betty Crocker Cake and Cookie Mix or Nestle Rolled and Ready Gingerbread Cookie Dough and then use your own cookie cutters (or download the templates from above recipes) for a much quicker process.
3. Buy Your Own
While Anthropologie’s version is currently sold out, I did find these adorable versions at Williams Sonoma. If you’re interested in a less expensive topper, these Gingerbread Folks are a better bargain at $14.95 for 4.
Instagram Giveaway for 50% off at Minted
I’m giving away a 50% off #minted coupon code for any purchase through May 2017. Simply follow me and comment below by tagging a friend. Contest ends Monday at noon PST. Winner will be drawn at random and receive a coupon code for both you and your friend! Code cannot be combined with other promotions. Happy Shopping! 🎁🎄#win #smudgedesigngiveaway